Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hidden Talents and Super Delicious Veggie Chips from Green Giant


I hate being in the spotlight. I'm more on the shy, reserved, bookish side of the spectrum. I'm self-conscious and anxious. It takes awhile for me to be comfortable in showing all my cards, so to speak.

So when you have all these traits, they converge into a person who will never dance in public (among other things - see also public speaking). A wallflower, perhaps. But I prefer to think of it as "sitting back and observing the human condition."

But back to the dancing. It just doesn't happen. I was never interested in going to clubs. Pubs, yes. But not clubs.

However, once I'm back home...with Seth and Max and the cats...that's when I can let go of inhibitions. And dance!

Not at all in a coordinated manner. But at least a passionate one. One looking to experience the joy of (clumsy) movement.

And Seth and Max and Rambo and JiJi definitely get a show. A full spectrum of dance exploration. Maybe some ballet leaps and pirouettes. Then maybe a can-can followed by a sort of running man style move.  And animated facial expressions to go right along with it.

Just like I have this hidden talent (or non-talent, depending on your definition of the words "dance" and "talent"), this (arguably) more fun side that gets a chance to come out and experience the world, Green Giant does as well! They don't just do the frozen and canned vegetables. The steamed broccoli as your side dish. The peas you add into your pasta to round out the meal. They too have a hidden talent, a fun side, a snack side. Chips!

Glorious, glorious chips. Two different kinds - a Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chip with Zesty Cheddar Flavor and a Multigrain Sweet Potato Chip with Sea Salt. These were both seriously so, so good. Crispy!  Flavorful!  And contain vegetables!  It was love at first bite.

Here is a nutritional rundown on these goodies:
The Green Giant™ Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips – Zesty Cheddar Flavor are made with real vegetables (like bell peppers and corn!), 17 grams of whole grain per serving (48g are recommended daily), and are naturally flavored.
The Green Giant™ Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips – Sea Salt Flavor are made with real sweet potatoes and made with 14 grams of whole grain. Plus, they contains 40 percent less fat than regular potato chips.

So if you want to experience more surprise talents (which you totally do!), check out Green Giant's Facebook page or YouTube channel.  And if you want a coupon for 85 cents of Veggie Snack Chips (you definitely do), click here!





Thank you to The Green Giant™ for being a sponsor. Show the Giant your surprise talent at www.facebook.com/greengiant.  All opinions are my own.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Green Giant made potato chips - they sound tasty!

    Congrats on stepping outside of your comfort zone. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this product from Green Giant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I considered myself to be shy and reserved too....but I did dance in clubs back in the college years! :P Those were the good old days with a group of good friends. Back to these veggies chips. Thanks for introducing them to me. I didn't know Green Giant got these delicious treats until this post. Definitely will look for them the next time I go grovery shopping. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to dance much in public, though it does happen on occasion (unfortunately lol). I have these chips sitting on my kitchen table! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know they made chips! Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone *dances too*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I am willing to get out of my comfort zone for these chips :)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was less reserved in public, but I tend to freeze up. Food and drinks help though! These chips look great. I can't wait to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...